Monday, June 15, 2009

Alive...

Yeah I'm alive, just been without an internet connection for the last 4 days.

I gotta confess to a few bouts of homesickness with you guys. To those of you who are reading this from home (Mum, Dad,Nic, Laura, et al) I miss you guys A LOT. However I do have so many memories to share with you all.

Sorry if this seems a little incoherent. I'm slightly waterlogged after deciding to skip the bus and 'walk' back to the hostel. Obviously, the weather thought otherwise and I had to sprint the whole 10 blocks back through a thunderstorm. Was fun though and I feel great - maybe I should do more running in the rain when I get home? Anyone wanna join me? ;P

Virginia Beach is awesome. and I mean AWESOME. Everybody is so laid back and relaxed and cheerful. If I could up and retire in the states I'd do it there. Everything's in walking distance from each other and I had a blast going to the beach as well. Oh also, met up with Heather, which was a lot of fun. (Rachael, I dunno if mum told you this, but I got presents for all you kids at Va beach, so stop asking for more)

Thing is, in summer in VA beach, they have street performers come out every night and perform, and it was soooooo cool. I saw a sword swallower, a juggler, a teen escape artist and a fire breather all in the space of 15 minutes!

Anyway, met up with karen and her family today and toured the old colonial capital buildings, was a lot of fun and a I got a lot of pictures. Will show them when I get bacjk.

I'll take one moment now to recognize a saddening thing going on that doesn't involve me but looks to factor in considerably with world politics in the near and possibly far future, and that is the iranian election aftermath. My heart goes out to the people affected by this tradgedy.

Anyway folks, I'll keep you posted like always...another meet up planned for wednesday :)

~nate

4 comments:

  1. *ahem* I see the assassins have failed.. yet again.

    Anyway I'm glad you're having fun on your trip despite the fact you're homesick. I expect to see those pictures when you get back or I will be very very angry, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. So you found your way to the hostel okay. Keep enjoying the memory-making. Love you lots - we miss you too! Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nathan,

    mum didnt tell me that you got me a present and she wont tell me what it is anyway but i dont care cause im sure it will be good and its from VA beach so it will be awsm!!!!!

    Hope your having fun over there!! I have finished all my exams for the semester so i am happy!!!

    we still have the baby's bed set up for you to sleep on when you come back!!!

    I have one more thing to say.... If you see Taylor Lautner in hollywood or the JB's and Nic don't laugh.. don't fporget to tell them that your adorable sister loves them soo much!!!! and get their autograph please!!!!

    Oh and also i cant beleive you ran 10 blocks in the rain that sounds funny LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    Luv you and miss you from your gorgeous adorable beautiful sweet cute nice loving sister, Rachael xoxo *HUGZ*

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait i forgot to mention the house is realli quiet without you here well not really i guess cause your always in your room but dad isnt always yelling out to you to get downstairs or anything!!!!! lol

    from you gorgeous adorable most beautiful darling loving cute did i mention AWESOME sister in the whole entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw i am your onli one!!!

    oh and one more thing guess what the jonas brothers cd comes out this week and im getting it so just so you know you will be listening to it when you come back and when you see them tell them that i am their number one fan in the whole entire world then you can bash them but please dont!!!!!

    ReplyDelete